Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why will my kid not let me buy her a pair of shoes?

I am beyond frustrated with my second child. I have tried three times to buy her some new athletic shoes. Each pair is either ill fitting, ugly (my opinion), or not comfortable (her opinion). She said a pair of chucks was not comfortable because they were "too squishy." I even let her try on a pair of over priced, over bedazzled ones and even they were "not good." This weekend it's going down. Daddy will be attending the next shoe shopping excursion and so help me that child will have shoes of some sort on her feet when that day is finished. In stark contrast my eldest child saw a pair she liked, found her size, tried them on, declared them "perfect" and said she was ready to go. Update: At bathtime I realized the child was covered in hives. Apparently she is allergic to shoes.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. We don't have issues with shoes, but with pants, of all things! Let us know how it turns out : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok have the same issue w my oldest (6). It was a battle of epic proportions! Shoes were squishy, pinchy, scratchy, lumpy, hard, etc! We would spend forever in a shoe store trying on, running in, walking in, jumping in, sitting in! In one shopping EXPERIENCE I purchased, returned, purchased and returned the SAME pair of shoes...I could barely hold it together! Had my husband take him ONCE and they were back in 30 mins w a pair he LOVED...well at least until I said the dreaded "if we wear these outside they are yours, can not change your mind" then the wonderful shoes hurt his feet. So here is what has saved my sanity - Zappos! I buy 5+ pairs have him try them on pick what fits best, review the old "new shoes won't be as comfy as your old pair yet but they will", "oh those look like a 3rd graders shoes", "wow i think they do make you run faster". We have had NO meltdowns and we've done this the last 3 times he's needed shoes! Plus if you're not familiar Zappos has free shipping both ways!!!

    If my son had gotten hives after trying on uncomfy shoes i'm certain he would never do it again...he would insist he was allergic!!! Sadly I'm not kidding...
    I feel your pain!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete