Thursday, September 3, 2009

looking forward

I've been pushing summer out and ushering fall in. Autumn is my favorite season followed by winter, spring, and then trailing so far behind summer. I have a lot that I'm looking forward to at this point and I'm in a list making mood.

- Girls start school next Tuesday, they are thrilled
- I have no idea what I will do with myself
- This will be the second time in history that I will be alone in my house. Once Jer took them both to get a gallon of milk, it was kind of a big deal.
- Jer's b-day is 10-1
- Girls b-day 10-4
- Fall cooking, I have a big list of new recipes I want to try and of course there's the old standbys that I make every fall
- I just picked up Suzanne Collins new book "Catching Fire" book 2 of the Hunger Games series
- Jer will be done with his PITA thesis and his Master's in October. I can't wait to have him back again. He's been in school for forever and I'm over it.
- My cousins wedding in Door County, WI in October, should be beautiful up there
- All of the November babies, and baby gifts, I love buying baby gifts
- Thanksgiving, we are staying home. Maybe we'll have family in, maybe not.
- Pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, all things pumpkin

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me soo Jealous. I love fall too, and there just is no such thing here...I miss the natural progression of seasons, and the fresh start feelings that come with summer easing into fall. I'll have to fake it.

    I DID order some yummy fall scents with my b-day gift card at yankee. and I want to get some halloween decorations ordered. But summer is creeping in and it just feels off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE FALL. It is the only thing I love about living in Ohio.

    This weekend I thought of you...it is FALL as soon as Labor Day hits in norhtern MI. All the places were decorated for fall, and peach season was ending and apples were falling from the trees.

    I found a hand knit Pumpkin hat for the baby. I promise to send pictures to you. They also had apple hats and strawberry knit hats. I almost died of cuteness.

    ReplyDelete