Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas fun

A million years ago I babysat for a family who did things differently than mine. They didn't own a TV and they made popcorn on the stove top, at the time I thought they were weird. One night the mom left me instructions to have the kids make some wrapping paper. She left a bunch of paint and a roll of brown shipping paper. The kids and I had a blast and I stored that project deep in my memory.

This year I thought the girls were ready to give it a try. I bought stencils and sponge brushes to help out. We all had a great time and I think that painting our own wrapping paper will be a tradition in our house from now on.



There may or may not be some very odd things painted on Grandma and Grandpa's gifts this year. But hey, that's part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment