Wednesday, June 3, 2009

food boredom defeated

I am officially over my period of food boredom. I think I successfully kicked it on Sunday when I made chicken on a stick and spicy thai noodles with peanut sauce. Yum. I don't think I've ever eaten that much chicken in one sitting before in my life and it was great.
Monday I made tuna cakes, spinach, and packaged noodles. The tuna cakes were great, the noodles nobody touched. Serves me right trying to take the easy way out. Ava ate two tuna cakes herself and a huge helping of spinach. I love it when my kids eat without complaint.

Tuesday we had squash casserole. I think I may be addicted. I took a picture this time just so you'd get a different image popping into your head when I say the words squash casserole. I know, I know, it doesn't sound that great right...try it. Try it and you may I say.

Dinner tonight will be Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, corn, and onion parm dinner rolls.

In Other News:

-Tomorrow night our friends will be here. My house is not clean. My laundry is done however, so that's something.

-My bathroom is still not painted and every time I try to make myself do it I just can't. You'd think I'd be so excited to be done with the darn thing. And I am don't get me wrong, but it's just so hard to paint something that's new and perfect. I don't want to screw it up.

-You can add another friend to my long list of good friends who are pregnant while I'm not. It's a secret so I won't name names but she doesn't live in Ohio and wasn't at GW. I am thrilled for her (and all of my other friends) but sad for us. Anybody who has dealt with infertility knows how horrible it is to not have control over your reproduction. I am happy I have my girls. I know not every couple who is infertile gets to realize their dream of having a child. But it still stings.

-Ok, when I said my laundry was done I just meant that it's clean and folded, not put away.

1 comment:

  1. 1st things 1st, casserole looks so very yummy. 2nd of all, I am so tired of everyone being pregs but me!

    ReplyDelete