Thursday, June 11, 2009

sad news

I received an email yesterday from one of my best friends. (The one I posted about having a top secret pregnancy.) She lost her baby.

Understandably she is heartbroken. To make it worse, she is in California on vacation with the kids and her husband is back home in Australia. He will be joining them soon, but for now she is dealing with all of this on her own. It's times like these that I wish I had unlimited resources and could just jet off to be with her and stay as long as she needed me. Unfortunately that isn't the case so all I can do is listen when she is ready to talk and keep her in my prayers.

If we were both back in CO there would be a lot of alcohol, chocolate, and hugging. There would be a constant delivery of casseroles and brownies and wine. There would be lots of free babysitting and kid sleepovers and eventually retail therapy of some sort.

Since we are apart and I'm in WI this week the ladies and I made a little pilgrimage to Holy Hill in honor of my friend J and her angel baby. I cried like an idiot in the beautiful church and said several prayers for my friend.

J, I'm here for you when you need me and I'm sorry for your loss.

2 comments:

  1. I cried for your friend and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    TP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this, I love you too. thank you.

    ReplyDelete