Saturday, June 27, 2009

good friends, good food, and scategories

Last night was a blast. TP, KP, and KP came over for dinner and we ended up playing scategories (I forgot how much I love that game) until 11:00, that's late man, for real. B even got in on the fun and I think she had a good time. It occurred to me that we are extremely lucky to have found such great friends so quickly.

TP also delivered a special package from Anne; tri colored orzo pasta. How great is it that someone I have only met one time IRL thought about me and my need to find another supplier of specialty pasta? Amazing!

Coincidentally I made my orzo for dinner along with chicken on a stick (minus the stick - too lazy), london broil, and a hella lotta fruit. TP and KP brought some very yummy sides and an apple pie that we ate with a three year old sharp cheddar. I think everyone was pleasantly stuffed.

After a little digging I was able to find the pasta people I used to get my orzo from in CO at the farmer's market. Surprise, surprise they now have an online store!


Be advised, it's expensive and good. Proceed with caution.
http://www.pappardellesonline.com/servlet/Search?category=Dried+Flavored+Orzo+Pasta

Some of our faves are...
-Dark chocolate pasta combined with spicy thai noodles served with the thai peanut sauce. Worth every penny, not even kidding.
-Autumn harvest orzo (Chestnut, sage, and pumpkin)
-Portabella mushroom ravioli with sherry, garlic, and onion

No comments:

Post a Comment