Wednesday, June 24, 2009

girls just wanna have fun

We had a great day yesterday.

In the morning we went and bought a plastic pool. On the way out the door an old guy was getting twine from an employee. He looked at us with our big pool and we had a little conversation about how he bought one too and his wouldn't fit in his truck. I expressed my concern for getting the damned thing into my minivan. He asked where we lived and then offered to throw it in his truck and take it home for us if it didn't fit. I love old guys, they're just swell. Turns out it did fit so we thanked him for his offer and headed home.

We spent most of the day outside "swimming" and lounging.

Then it was time for lunch and naps. I usually try to do something fun with B when the girls are napping. Yesterday I pulled out every beauty product I could think of and we had a spa day. I gave her a mani/pedi and a facial. I have a great picture of B with a green face mask on but I promised I wouldn't put it on the internet. Lily woke up half way through our spa day and then she wanted her own mani/pedi and facial. Luckily I was able to talk her out of the color Midnight in Moscow (black raspberry) in favor of Cha Cha Ching Cherry (red).

Soon all the girls were in on it and we all ended up with fancy fingers and toes. Lily is blowing on her toes to get them to dry, in case you're wondering.


Then when Daddy got home he took us all out to eat at Applebees cause we were so fancy. Okay, so maybe it had more to do with the fact that I said I didn't want to cook, but still it was cute.

2 comments:

  1. Deb the monkey girlJune 24, 2009 at 6:02 AM

    I thought Lily was doing a yoga pose at first!!! I should READ! Awesome idea, sounds like things are going well w/B?? Can I come over for the next spa day? Did the SPF 70 work out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spa day was great and yes, you should come over for the next one.

    I did pretty well with the SPF 70. I got a little pink but it's gone already this morning. Maybe when they come out with SPF 90 I will be completely unaffected by the sun.

    ReplyDelete