Tuesday, October 13, 2009

my new favorite thing

While at Fairfield Commons the other day with my parents I saw a sign on the door of one of those rustic primitive shops that advertised wooden wick candles that crackle and pop like a real fire. I went in and bought two, cinnamon bun and mulled cider. They're in a mason jar and have a rusted top, very cute.

I am in love with these things! They aren't the same as a fire but they are a pretty good substitute. I think if you had several of them lit at once the effect would be pretty close.

Now I just have to find the right antique fireplace mantle to complete my master plan...

4 comments:

  1. What brand are they - I'm sooo interested in these? I've done searches on the internet, but would like to do a sniff test first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, they say Scentual Candles Inc. on the bottom, other than that nothing.

    I did find Woodwick candles (same idea but more contemporary looking) at Elder Beermans but I haven't tried them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, tried the Woodwick candles - not overly excited. Is your crackling and popping very loud/noticable? Mine remind me of a blow torch sound - more of a hissing with a few slight tsk sounds... awesome smell though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are definitely more crackly. The ones I have have a bigger wick than the Woodwick ones, maybe that makes a difference?

    I also have two of them, I think that helps too.

    ReplyDelete