Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oink

Well, we've got the crud at our house.

I just got off the phone with the nurse at our ped office. Since Ava's symptoms are the same as H1N1 we are to assume that she has it. No Tamiflu, it's in short supply and is being saved for the sickest kids. Treat the fever, push fluids, keep them comfortable. All of the same stuff you normally do.

Ironically the first H1N1 clinic for our county is November 2nd. Too little too late.

When I was in WI last week they had different clinics on the news every night. If you stood in line in the pouring rain and 40 degree weather you got a shot. Anyone could get one. No different categories assigned to the high risk groups. Very frustrating.

I hope Ava doesn't get any sicker. Right now it's nothing more than the normal run of the mill bug. We'll see how long it takes for Lily to get it. She usually spikes high fevers so I am slightly concerned.

So for now we are just going to hibernate. The girls will miss their Halloween party at school tomorrow and ToT tomorrow night. I told them we'd have a special Halloween party here at home and I think that may be good enough. Good thing they're both scared of everything anyway and not overly fond of the holiday.

2 comments:

  1. We went through this last week! I'm so sorry for you.

    We got the same response from our Pediatrician: symptoms were consistent with swine flu, do not bring the kids in, treat the symptoms and push fluids.

    Email me if you have any questions. 2-3 days it took here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear about the sickness. I hope you are well soon ... enjoy your party at home!

    ReplyDelete