Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How did this happen?

The ladies are five years old.

It just doesn't seem right. I have been reminiscing and looking at baby photos. I'm stuck in that in-between place where it feels like yesterday and yet I can't remember a time before them either. That saying, "the days are long but the years are short" is ringing true.

Looking back I have an ache in my heart for Lily's fat rolls and chubby cheeks and for Ava's bird call laugh as well as for all of those firsts. Gone forever but thankfully caught in pictures and video.

On the other hand I see all of the bottles, diapers, sleepless nights, and baby gates that come with being a parent of twins and I am glad that we are beyond them.

So here I sit in the post baby years, feeling conflicted. Wishing on one hand that there could have been more babies for us, but on the other hand excited to start the school years and slowly get back more of myself and my husband.

2 comments:

  1. It's both difficult and exciting to see our children grow up. I'm right there with you. We still have many more wonderful memories and stages to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said Sarah.

    ReplyDelete