Thursday, April 9, 2009

the Easter bunny is out of control

Let's just face the fact that I should never be allowed into Target by myself. Ever. I don't think I should even be allowed to go in without money because surely I'd jump on their ever presant offer to save $21.49 by opening a Target card.

Alas, yesterday we were bored and needed to get out. I also needed to do the Easter bunny shopping. So off we went to the giant red bullseye.

It started well enough. We got some things we actually needed. Four pairs of shoes (2 for each kid, play and dress) and some bins to organize the art cabinet that makes me crazy. It started to go down hill as soon as the Easter bunny shopping started... The girls were completely in love with a cute little jewelry box that even has a dancing ballerina and music - into the cart. Oh look, the jewlery box has a matching vanity set - into the cart. Wow, these little princess notebooks are cute - into the cart. Oh, that fishing game is on sale for $5 - into the cart. Leapsters on sale for $29! Seriously! - into the cart. Well, I suppose we need 2 games - into the cart. Elmo's World Springtime, that'll keep them entertained on the way to Grandma's house - into the cart. Madagascar 2, I heard that was kind of funny - into the cart.

I should not be trusted, but Easter will be a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am the same way at Target. What is up with that? The other day at my MOPS group they were giving a prize to the woman who could pull out a Target receipt that was for less than $20. We just laughed and laughed, because seriously, I don't think that has ever happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Easter bunny lost his mind here too, I think I spent 200.00 on easter, and that was just for eggs, j/k.

    I bought sea monkeys, play ground balls, jump ropes, silly putty, little purse for Taylor, cool monster toy for Noah, two dvd's, two books, and mucho candy...leapsters for 29.00 score! Taylor needs a new one, and we need some new games before the grand trip home.

    ReplyDelete