Tuesday, April 28, 2009

is that a to-do list in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

I am a busy bee. I have so much crap going on week to week that I am not accomplishing all of it by week end and that bugs me. We start construction on the bathroom on Wednesday at 9AM. So far my strapping husband has done 99% of the demolition. Our contractor came and tore out the sink, toilet, and bathtub. That bathtub is cast iron by the way and I have the distinct pleasure of sanding off who.knows.how.old paint and repainting the whole darn thing, complete with lion toenails on the feet. I am seriously considering nail polish on the toes by the way, maybe a sparkly red. Jury's still out on that one. For now it is sitting on the floor of my husbands office.

Side note: Lily was totally freaked out when the contractor took the potty away and totally confused to see the bathtub in Daddy's office. Very cute.

The list of to-do's from hell...
-schedule tree trimmer
-schedule bathtub refinisher (for the enamel inside the tub)
-order bathtub fixture (I am being so indecisive about this for some reason)
-choose extra lighting for hallway section of bathroom
-choose paint for walls, trim, ceiling in the bathroom
-refinish the outside of the tub
-get quote for a fence
-get quote for doors and storm doors
-decide what to do for Mother's Day (buy, wrap, ship)
-Vet appointment for the hound
-Dentist appointments for the girls and I
-Find wall letters for the new bathroom (can anybody help me? I can't find what I want)
-Buy new towels, bath rug etc.
-Buy towel bars and all that crapola
-get quote for a load of dirt
-get quote for a load of pea gravel
-call time warner and figure out why it doesn't work right
-work on my stack of sewing obligations and not accept any more obligations
-make a desert for hubby's office for tomorrow
-scan all the pictures in four very old scrapbooks, make copies for family members
-hang a cuckoo clock and a coffee grinder
-get ready for a garage sale, finally settle on a date
-plan neighborhood get together at our house
-Call Theresa P in NE, call Sarah Ann, call SIL
-Buy a toilet
-plan veggie garden
-mulch flower beds around the house
-make a board like Anne's

The sad thing is that I know there is more that I'm forgetting. I think maybe instead I'll color and make cookies with the ladies. Maybe I'll even do some laundry, and then if I get crazy I might even put it away after I fold it. Woot!

5 comments:

  1. The potty got taken AWAY? Don't you know in small town Ohio it is only right and proper to put your toilet in the front yard and wait for garbage day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I thought for a moment it would be fun to scrub the hell out of it and serve yellow punch out of it at a party. But then I thought that the guests might not think that was so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn girl...I lost interest before even finishing that list! No wonder you're having a hard time getting it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out http://www.languageartonline.com/ for possible wall art letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy list! Now my head hurts... must go lay down...

    See- THIS is why none of my lists ever get done!!!

    ReplyDelete