Monday, April 27, 2009

great weekend

I love it when we have a really great weekend and actually feel refreshed. It's even better when we accomplish a lot around the house and have something to show for having 2 days off. We never get everything done but this weekend we got to most of it.

Friday was beautiful and the ladies and I spent most of the day outside blowing bubbles, picking "flowers" aka dandelions, and playing hopscotch. We had a Skyline night with the Theresa, Keith, and Kyle after having the grill foil our plans of having a huge grilled feast. I love Skyline. I am so spoiled that it's just down the street. (Jenell, if it can go through customs and you need a fix say the word and it'll be on it's way)

Saturday we worked all day and then headed over to our neighbors house for a tuna grill. I'm not sure how we got so lucky in the neighbor department but this is easily the best neighborhood we have ever seen in our lives. As soon as the moving truck left our house we were welcomed in a huge way and I feel like these people have been my friends for years, not months. So much better than the last 'hood. What with the roaming livestock and redneck skeet shooting. Though the last 'hood gave me much better stories....so far. This is a lively group here and I'm sure things have the potential to get rowdy.

Sunday we went for a long walk down by the river and took Marty swimming and let the girls play at the park until we were all hot and thirsty. I got my first sunburn of the season. I guess it's time to break out the sunscreen. I'm sure mosquitoes will be here soon too. Hopefully Lily will have outgrown that allergy.

Sunday night we had my friend Liz over for dinner. She lives in WI and was in Cinci/Kentucky for a work conference. We had a great time catching up. Hopefully when the girls and I go back in June we'll be able to get together and let the kids play. There is just never enough time to see everyone we want to see and everyone we need to see. It's very frustrating. It's usually made worse by the fact that no one sleeps well for the first few days.

I got to bed last night after midnight and woke up in a great mood, the sun is still shining and there's a great breeze coming in. I think the ladies and I will go for a walk and enjoy the weather.

1 comment:

  1. breeze, huh? Lucky you. We can't go for any walks due to 40mph winds. Do you know what 40mph winds do to a toddler????

    glad your weekend was good. SKYLINE ROCKS. Go on Wednesday nights, your kids eat free and they have a craft table.

    and get to know the crazy neighbor down the street. Really. TONS of stories.

    ReplyDelete